Thank you for choosing SpanishVIP for your Spanish learning needs! We are excited to help you achieve your goals with our expert teachers.
Here are some important things to consider about working with our company.
Our Terms of Service
- A requirement of working with SpanishVIP is a fun and respectful environment. Any inappropriate behavior will result in an immediate suspension of your subscription with no refund. This helps keep our staff safe.
- Any derogatory or abusive behavior (especially with our customer support team) also constitutes a subscription suspension with no refund. Should you have any concerns with your subscription, please bring them to our attention right away and we will get you taken care of.
- Prior to purchasing, it is understood that you have carefully gone over our website to understand the details of the services we are offering and agree to our terms.
Many students request full information on our refund policy. We will explain the full information below.
Our Money-Back Guarantee on Private Classes
Ensuring you learn Spanish effectively is our number one priority. It's important that you feel SpanishVIP is the right fit for your needs. If at any point during your first 7 days of service you feel like SpanishVIP is not the right fit for you, you are eligible for a full refund, granted you work with us to figure out a solution -- minus non-refundable fees (see below).
To add to this, refunds are incredibly expensive for us as a company offering services at the price we do. Any financial losses detract heavily from our goal of creating economic opportunities for those in need in Colombia. With this being said, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the free classes we offer to thoroughly test us out before purchasing.
We understand that things come up, but it’s better for all parties involved if you leverage these classes to be as sure as you can be, before signing up; and we thank you for this consideration!
Criteria for Refunds
Upon working with new students, we incur steep hard costs that are associated with building your individual curriculum. With all students, we invest heavily in the onboarding process and structuring lessons around your unique needs and goals as an individual. For this reason, after your first week, you’re typically eligible for a refund of up to 50% of the cost of the remaining non-service rendered days of your program (eligibility is subject to internal approval).
As language learning is a complex process, we need certain things to be able to do our job effectively. Any refund requests must first meet our eligibility requirements. Your request for a refund will be null and void for any of the following reasons.
- If disliking the style/format or other core features of your classes is cited as a reason for cancellation. We give every student up to 3 free classes, and 7 full days to try us out. We believe that this is more than sufficient to determine if our service is the right fit. We encourage every student to try a free class so we can answer every question you have, before you sign up.
- If not having sufficient free time is cited as a reason for cancellation. This includes being unable to accommodate a recurring schedule, which is currently required. In this case, we are happy to provide you with a hold on your subscription for as long as 6 months.
- If you have poor communication with our teachers. Not responding to correspondence for scheduling, and recurring class absences are things that are out of our control and prevent us from effectively rendering our service. (Note: this also applies to refund requests within your first 7 days.)
- If your expectations for your level of academic progress are overtly unreasonable when compared against your overall time investment.
- If you refuse to try more than one teacher. Learning a language is a very intimate and individual process. We try our best to match you up with a teacher that will suit your needs perfectly on the first try. However, in some cases, it takes trying a class with 2 or 3 different teachers until you find the right fit. Refusing this process prevents us from effectively providing our service. (Note: this also applies to refund requests within your first 7 days.)
- If you refuse to provide us with up to 5-10 business days to assign your teacher. Finding the right teacher for you is an important process and does not happen instantaneously. As we provide dedicated teachers, we need to coordinate a teacher that fits your schedule and is the right fit for you as an individual. This also includes the time where we brief your teacher on how to best work with you. This time spent assigning a teacher is not counted against your subscription.
We reserve the right to make exceptions to this guarantee. Under certain circumstances, we may choose to provide partial or full refunds, even if you do not meet the eligibility criteria. These exceptions are treated on a case-by-case basis. For example, we may be more lenient if you need a refund due to extenuating financial circumstances. In these instances, we may simply subtract the salary costs associated with your classes and refund the remaining balance.
For those who make a purchase without having a free class and ask for a refund immediately after, we are typically less lenient with providing refund exceptions.
We also provide “Holds” on your account. If you need to pause your subscription, for any reason, send us a message. We’d be happy to do so. Here is a full overview of pausing your SpanishVIP subscription.
Outside of refunds, you can cancel at any time. We do not have any contracts in place for our private classes.
(Note: Non-refundable fees are credit card processing fees. All special promotions such as 2x1 programs and discounted packages are ineligible for refunds, without exception.)
Refunds on Group Classes
For our group classes service, we offer 7 days free for you to try us out. This way, you can be completely sure you love your classes before activating your paid subscription!
During the first 7 days, you can cancel at any time without being charged. Once your subscription is active, your refund request will be subject to review. You can cancel at any time. We do not have any contracts for our group classes.
Our general policy on group classes is that we do not provide refunds unless you meet our criteria. Such criteria may include but are not limited to:
- Forgetting to cancel your subscription
- Stopping classes but not being able to cancel your subscription due to an emergency
- Unexpected financial strain
We reserve the right to investigate and provide a judgment call on claims to meet the above criteria. For example, if we note that a student has been taking classes when they claim to have forgotten to cancel their subscription — we may decline their request for a refund.
Refunds for payments past 60 days are sometimes approved but subject to deeper analysis.
Our goal is to be fair and not penalize our honest, productive students. Sadly, some bad actors try to “game the system” by taking classes and later requesting refunds. This is why we treat each request for refunds on a case-by-case basis and investigate fully before making a decision.
(Note: Non-refundable fees are credit card processing fees. All special promotions and discounted packages are ineligible for refunds, without exception.)
Inappropriate behavior with peers or teachers will not be tolerated. Comments or actions of an aggressive, sexual, discriminatory, or bullying nature are grounds for automatic termination of your service. No refund for the remaining subscription time will be provided in this case.
We will provide one verbal or written warning for offenses. The safety and comfort of our students are incredibly important. Thank you for understanding.
If you require any clarification on our refund policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.